Digital identity is increasingly important as the EU prepares to launch its digital identity wallet.
In this video INNOPAY’s Vincent Jansen breaks down the concept, why the European Commission is pursuing a unified wallet, who it’s for, and how it will impact organisations in this video.
The proposed new framework amends the 2014 regulation on electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions in the internal market (eIDAS regulation), which laid the foundations for safely accessing public services and carrying out transactions online and across borders in the EU.
In this Northern Block interview with Viky Manaila, an international expert in the field of electronic signatures, digital identity and digital transformation processes, they explore:
- Understanding eIDAS 2.0: its history, lessons learned and implications.
- How the current ecosystem of trust providers will change and adapt under new eIDAS 2.0 regulation.
- The EUDI Wallet Architecture Reference Framework (ARF), and how it aligns with eIDAS.
- Person Identification Data (PID) Providers, and the differences between Qualified Electronic Attestation of Attributes Providers and Non-Qualified Electronic Attestation of Attributes Providers.
- Exploring the 4 Large Scale Pilots, their use cases and their use of PID.
- Some of the various associations collaborating alongside eIDAS and the large scale pilots (e.g., ETSI, CSC, INATBA).
- Trust lists, trusted issuers/verifiers and governance!
- Current and upcoming challenges and opportunities.